Thursday, September 4, 2008

What? Me, interested in politics?

I've been following these campaigns more than I ever have. I have actually read and listened to speeches given at the conventions. Amazing. I've never really done that before.

Though I've been putting it off, I just have to mention Sarah Palin. Does anyone else think it's hypocritical for the McCain camp to attack Obama for his lack of experience and then picks someone who has less experience than Obama?

Also, why would you choose someone who seems to have a record of firing people for personal reasons and is under investigation for abuse of power? And one of these times was because she wanted some books taken out of the local library but the librarian refused?

And does anyone else find it....what's the word I'm looking for....ironic? Ridiculous? Sad? That Palin advocates abstinence only sex-ed, but her teenage daughter is pregnant?

To be fair, I searched for "scandals" surrounding Joe Biden, and all I could find was that over 20 years ago he once plagiarized part of a paper for school.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Speaking of hypocritical, this clip is hilarious....
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card

Unknown said...

I know it shouldn't keep amazing me, but...wow. Those guys need to watch the Daily Show so they can hear how stupid they sound.