Monday, September 29, 2008

Circus

We took the kids to the circus yesterday. I haven't been since I was a kid. It was actually quite enjoyable.

The kids liked it too. Well, the first half was very LOUD with lots of singing and pounding music and Lily didn't like it that much. But she loved the second half with the elephants and tigers and trapeze artists. Aaron's favorite was the motorcycle riders. They ended up with 7 guys on bikes riding around in a little sphere cage. I thought they were gonna die. One wrong move and they would've been in a steaming heap of bikes and people at the bottom of the sphere.

One has to wonder, however, how one gets into the business of being in a circus. Do they hold auditions? Do little kids think "I wanna be a clown/ringmaster/animal trainer in the circus one day? Perhaps the one who trains goats to ride ponies.


PS I can't tell you how much I am loving this fall (85 degree high) weather. Stay away cold!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I wanna go to the circus! It sounds like you guys had a good time. I don't remember ever going to a live circus - if I have, I was really little.

As for the fall weather, I was really loving it too - until it heated back up again. :D I'm not looking forward to freezing cold weather, but I wish it would stay nice and cool for a while before everything freezes over.