Monday, September 1, 2008

Pre-school

Lily loved the open house at her school. She had so much fun she cried when it was time to leave. She did okay the first day, but I kinda snuck out. The second day she knew I wasn't staying and cried, hugging my legs "I don't want you to leave!" despite the fact we had talked in the car about how fun school was and she was excited to go.

Finally I gave her one last hug and turned her over to the teachers. When I came back to pick her up she was fine and happy. The teacher told me it had taken about 20 minutes of crying/hugging until she warmed up. Then she had a great time. Hopefully the water-works will stop at drop off. It is just so different from Aaron. He never cried once.

1 comment:

Minda said...

LW cried at drop-off for the first four weeks last year. (He only went two mornings a week.) I was just about to pull him out when he stopped, and it has turned out to be, as I thought it would, great fun for him. Good luck!