Monday, July 14, 2008

Pet Peeve-Tailgaiting

I hate people who tailgate, even if they aren't tailgaiting me, and especially on the freeway.

Note to tailgaters: When you follow me closely, it is rarely going to make me speed up. If anything, I will most likely slow down slightly just to piss you off. If I am in the fast lane, you can wait five seconds (as opposed to the four it would take if I sped up) to pass the car next to me, so just calm down. If I am not in the fast lane, just pass me already!

PS. Don't forget to tune in for Dr. Horrible tomorrow!

3 comments:

Gerfboy said...

Dude, I hate tailgaters too! I will most definitely slow down when they come up behind me. How much I slow down is calculated with an equation involving which lane I'm in, how fast I'm going in relation to the speed limit, how close they are to my car, and whether I can hear their bass.

PixelFish said...

Me too. Grrrrr. Nobody in Mass seems to know what safe following distance is.

If somebody is tailgating somebody, it also screws up people who would otherwise be trying to merge, exit change lanes, or even get out of the way of the tailgater. The safe following distance isn't just for braking, but for a multitude of other small calculations.

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WATCH DR. HORRIBLE AND IT IS CAUSING ME TO SHOUT!!! I weep for what might have been... I hope their server is fixed soon. I'm dying.