Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Aaron got glasses!


Unsurprisingly (bad genes), when I took Aaron to the eye doctor last week, he had to get glasses. The doctor said he was surprised that Aaron hadn't been complaining about his eyes. I had noticed him squinting a little and he liked to sit close to the TV when he watched. Here's a picture. It's not the best, but he only let me take one.

It's been fun today watching him be amazed at things he can see clearly now. He doesn't seem embarrassed by them, which is good. When I got mine (2nd grade) I was reluctant to wear them, but my teacher talked to me and helped me feel better about it. (Though if you look back at the pictures, no WONDER I was embarrassed!)

When Lily saw me taking a picture of Aaron, she wanted me to take one of her, too.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Both of my twins have glasses -- luckily Aaron is getting them a bit older. We are in the repair shop a few times a month, though it's getting better.

Avery just got hers a month or so ago, and we lost them two weeks later. I couldn't remember if she had them that day on our walk to the library or at the playground, or playing in the front yard...I retraced my steps multiple times and scoured the house and didn't find them. Three days later Kasia found them in the front grass -- thank goodness the lawnmower didn't find them!

Good luck! Hope Aaron takes good care of them!