Friday, May 23, 2008

Video Clip Friday--It's Hot in Topeka

One show I really enjoy watching with the kids is Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on Cartoon Network. It's funny on so many levels. Also, it has a cool theme song, which carries over to great music in the show. (Also it's won Emmy Awards so don't think I'm totally crazy for liking it.)

It's about a boy Mac and his imaginary friend, Bloo. Lily has a penchant for picking up strange phrases from this show and repeating them over and over. Such as "It's hot in Topeka." In this clip, the rest of the friends left Bloo behind so he wouldn't ruin their trip to the beach. Bloo is bored, waiting for Mac to come visit.



I searched, but I couldn't find a clip with "I've got the crystal" in it. Sorry.
We've got the first season on DVD if anyone would like to borrow it.
What shows do you like to watch with your kids?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's funny. I've never even seen that show. We like to watch Oswald. We love how he always says "Oh my gosh" and how his pet dogs name is Weenie. It's funny hearing Grant say quotes from that.

Anonymous said...

It seems like back when I was at USU, way back in 2004, I told you that I loved this show, and you gave me the look with the raised eyebrow. And yet, now you love it more than I (mainly because I have no cable to watch it). Hmm...

And you know I want to borrow season 1. Lemme finish my current Northern Exposure season and I'll get back to you.

Unknown said...

I didn't know Oswald still came on. Weenie--what were they thinking?

Kiersten, I believe it was Fairly OddParents that you told me you liked.