Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Hula ain't got nothing on this...

The 3rd grade had a dance festival today. I remember doing dance festivals as a kid. We all thought the hula was a somewhat embarrassing dance to do and longed to be able to do the parachute dance, which was the coolest.

Aaron's class did a dance to Aretha Franklin's Chain of Fools.
It was pretty hilarious.



And there is Lily sitting to watch. A storm was blowing in, and before all the classes had danced, we ended up leaving because of the rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Actual chains. Ha!!

The hula hula bula was awesome, c'mon! The paper leis? You can't beat that. But yeah, I always wanted to do the parachute dance. That came after square dancing, right? My sixth grade tiki dance was the best, though.

Hula hula bula, do the rockin'...something-ula...

PixelFish said...

I remember the parachute dance. Ours was done to Lionel Richie's Dancing on the Ceiling.

The square dance was the most annoying to my mind because you had to be partnered with a boy for that one, and instead of just assigning partners, the teachers would force us to FIND one.

Anonymous said...

Yup, we had to do the square dance, too, and I had the exact same opposite-sex concerns.

Grant