Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why start a blog

So my friend Grant asked me why I decided to start up a blog. So besides the fact that it just seems to be the thing to do these days (guess I need to start a myspace page too), there are a couple reasons. One is to keep family members and friends, especially distant ones, updated with recent happenings. The other is that I used to keep a journal, but haven't for years. This seemed like a good format to start that up again.

So let's hear it, my one faithful reader, why do you blog?

BTW Grant, you should be able to post comments now.

7 comments:

PixelFish said...

I blog partly because I like to share cool things on the net with my friends, and partly because it's an extension of my journal. (I've been blogging or journalling for ten years now.)

Emily said...

I like to remember the good and funny times. Whenever I would get around to my journal it seems it would just say big events "We had Easter with Pam" not the funny things the kids said or did while there.

Kiersten said...

No, no. Not myspace. Facebook is the place to be. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup. I'm up and going now.

And hi to pixelfish. How is it that I've never met you, and yet you post on both of the two blogs I follow? Weird.

Grant

Unknown said...

You know pixelfish is Michael Carr's cousin (right?)? And also we went to school together--all the way since 4th grade to graduation.

PixelFish said...

Yeup, I am Michael's cousin (my mom is his dad's little sister) and it's a small world after all. :)

Kim and I have known each other for ages. (Her mom no doubt remembers me too--all those books I read.)

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah, I've know Kimberly since I was born! Ha! Just kidding. Once again I agree with Kiersten. Facebook is better. Also I'm a little hurt. "your one faithful reader?" Just kidding. If you go to sitemeter.com you can put get this thing to put on your blog and then you can see who is looking at your blog. It's pretty cool. I have one. Love ya!