Friday, June 13, 2008

Angel Island

Last Friday in SF I didn't get out my camera. We walked around China Town with dinner at the amazing House of Nanking.

The next day (after a wrong train and lots of walking) when we hit Golden Gate Park, I pulled it out only to find the battery had died, even though I had just charged it. So no pictures the first 2 days. There were some really cool Orchids at the Conservatory of Flowers, but my cell phone camera just didn't do them justice. We finished the day with a walk down Haight Street (I was disappointed that most of the shops had closed at 7!) and dinner at the wonderful Cha Cha Cha's. I want that sauce for all of my potatoes.


Angel Island


Sunday we went to Angel Island, which is a state park across the bay from Alcatraz. (Thanks MK for the tip). The island is home to Camp Reynolds, which was a base during the Civil War. There also is an immigration station, similar to Ellis Island, but on a smaller scale.


As we were slow getting there, we caught the last ferry and only had an hour and a half on the island til we had to catch the last ferry back. We rented a couple of bikes and rode the (mostly paved) trail part way around the island.


Dinner was in North Beach at the Stinking Rose. Oh garlic, how I love thee.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That one of you, Kimberly, should be your new Facebook profile photo -- very cool!

PixelFish said...

Mmmmm....I loves the Stinking Rose. Miss it so. *whimper*