Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pajama Hymn of the Republic

There is a fun little tower defense game out called Mushroom Revolution. One of the song tracks it plays is Battle Hymn of the Republic. Which made me think of the goofy song my grandpa taught me to that tune:

I wear my pink pajamas in the summer when it's hot,
I wear my flannel nightie in the winter when it's not.
And sometimes in the springtime, and sometimes in the fall,
I hop into my bed with nothing on at all!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, what's it to ya!
Glory, glory, hallelujah,
With nothing on at all!

I always thought, though, that summer would be the most likely time to hop in bed with nothing on at all.

3 comments:

Jenn Adams said...

I totally remember this song! How funny.

I was singing it to my kids just now and they wanted me to play it on the computer. As if you can just do whatever you want at any moment because, after all, it is the internet and everything. So, anyway, I went searching to see if I could find somewhere I could play it from, and I came across this:

http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/pinkpajamas.html

The thing I found funny is that the next to last verse on there is different than yours: "balmy breezes blowin' through ya" LOL.

Unknown said...

Oh, it's a scout song. Shoulda figured. :) I like that balmy breezes. I'll have to remember that.

Kay Honaker said...

Can't believe Grandpa taught that to you guys! Or that he learned it in Scouts.
A lumpa tee a lumpa tee....